BRAND: Natco Pharma
PACK: 25mg 28 pills
Irreversible steroidal aromatase inhibitor, similar in structure to the natural substance androstenedione. It is used for breast cancer.
INDICATIONS & DOSAGE:
- Adjuvant treatment of early breast cancer with positive or unspecified breakdown on estrogen receptors in postmenopausal women to reduce the risk of long-term, local or regional contralateral metastases.
- As first-line drug for the treatment of advanced breast cancer with a positive sample for hormone receptors in women with natural or induced menopause status.
- As second-line drugs for the treatment of advanced breast cancer in women with natural or induced menopausal status, who have disease progression observed on the background of anti-estrogens alone.
- As a preparation of the third row for the treatment of advanced breast cancer in postmenopausal women whose disease showed progression in the background poligormonalnoy therapy.
Adults and elderly patients. AROMASIN recommended to take one 25 mg once daily, preferably after meal. In patients with breast cancer in the early stages of the treatment of Aromasin should continue until completion of 5 years of adjuvant hormonal therapy or until the occurrence of local or distant recurrence or new contralateral tumor . In patients with advanced breast cancer treatment AROMASIN should continue until tumor progression is not yet become apparent. Patients with liver failure or kidney dose adjustment is required.
- Disturbances of metabolism and metabolism: often – anorexia .
- Violations by the psyche: very often – insomnia ; often – depression.
- Neurological disorders: very often – headache; often – dizziness, carpal tunnel syndrome; rarely – drowsiness.
- Vascular disorders: very common – hot flushes.
- Disorders of the gastrointestinal tract: often – nausea; often – abdominal pain, vomiting, constipation , dyspepsia, diarrhea .
- Disorders of the skin and subcutaneous tissue: very often – increased sweating ; often – rash, alopecia .
- Disorders of the musculoskeletal system: very often – pain in joints and muscles (arthralgia, to a lesser extent – pain in limbs, back, osteoarthritis, arthritis , myalgia, stiffness in the joints), frequently – an osteoporosis , bone fractures.
- General disorders: often – fatigue; often – pain, peripheral edema , including swelling of the feet, not often – asthenia.