BRAND: Sun Rise
SUBSTANCE: Tamoxifen citrate (Nolvadex)
PACK: 40mg 10 pills
Tamoxifen – is a nonsteroidal antiestrogenic agent that also has weak estrogenic properties. Its action is based on the ability to block estrogen receptors. Tamoxifen, as well as some of its metabolites, compete with estradiol for binding sites to the cytoplasmic estrogen receptors in the tissues of the mammary gland, uterus, vagina, anterior pituitary gland and tumors with a high estrogen receptor. In contrast to the receptor complex of estrogen, the receptor complex of tamoxifen does not stimulate DNA synthesis in the nucleus, but inhibits cell division, which leads to regression of tumor cells and their death.
Tamoxifen: side effects
According to the reviews of tamoxifen, the drug can trigger the development of the following side effects:
- On the part of the digestive system: dyspepsia , nausea, vomiting, weight gain, loss of appetite, diarrhea , liver, cholestasis.
- With the genitourinary system: burning and itching of the genital organs, uterine bleeding , reduced potency, painful vaginal, cystic tumors.
- On the part of the central nervous system leads to the side effects of tamoxifen following lines: confusion, dizziness , fainting, drowsiness, and headaches .
- Cardio-vascular system: phlebitis, thrombosis, edema.
- On the part of the circulatory system: thrombocytopenia, leukopenia, thrombosis.
- From a sight organ: keratopathy, retinopathy , cataracts.
- Other effects: increased body temperature, pain in the bones and lesions.
In some cases, it can cause Tamoxifen side effects of allergic nature: urticaria , alopecia , skin rash , dermatitis , flushing of the skin, bronchospasm.